Centerbore on your Original Used Wheels

May 24th, 2010

An easy definition would be: “the center hole in the middle of your factory original wheels where the center cap goes.” But if you want to get more technical, you can say it is “the machined opening on the back of the wheel that centers the wheel properly on the hub of the vehicle,” according to You can go by whatever floats your boat (:

You can find this hole on any vehicle, ranging from the 1995 Audi 90 rims to the 2003 Oldsmobile Aurora wheels. When the wheel is centered exactly on the hub, it minimizes the chance of vibration occurring. Not all of the centerbores are manufactured the same & not all of them will fit on your vehicle; regardless of what you have, the centerbore has rings that keep the wheel positioned the way that it should be.

You’ll see some wheels that are non-hubcentric by their design; therefore, known as lug-centric wheels. But your wheels should still stay on your vehicle (:

Off to measure,


Please Comment