OEM Used Polycast Rims

March 16th, 2010

You may have noticed that some of our wheels say “Polycast”, and you may be wondering: what is Polycast?  In the ‘70s, there was a high demand for more stylish looking wheels, but there was little they could do to add style to a steel wheel.  Although aluminum was easy to work with, during that time, it was very expensive. So Motor Wheel Corporation of Lansing, MI came up with their Polycast rims.

Well, it refers to the face of the wheel as an ornamental overlay.  You might be thinking, “Isn’t that like a hubcap?” In some ways it is because it’s just ornamental. But unlike hubcaps and wheel covers, the face is not removable and could be highly styled.  The face of the wheel is injection-molded with a elastomeric material.  This material reacts with the metal of the wheel and bonds directly to it.  The trim ring and center cap are both removable, but the face of the wheels are on for good.

Visit our website at OriginalWheels.com to see polycast rims for Dodge wheels , Toyota rims , and Ford rims or call us at 1-800-896-7467.



Please Comment