Valve Stems on your Factory Wheels

June 21st, 2010

Do you know what valve stems are? I didn’t either until I researched it on the Internet. The definition that I’d give you would be: a device that allows air in to inflate something, but neglects to let any air out from your tires on your 2005 GMC Yukon rims. Easy, right? Well, that’s basically all it does.

There are many types of valve stems like the Schrader valves, Presta Valves, & even things called Dunlop Valves. It’s funny because all of these valves are used in different parts of the world, but they all do the exact same thing on your tires & OEM Wheels. The Schrader Valves are used here in America, the Presta Valves are used mostly by people in France, & the Dunlop Valves are used in Japan, Germany, Russia, and the Netherlands. Cool, huh?

Regardless of what part of the earth you’re on, you use these for all things that pretty much get you to where you have to go.

Talk to you soon!


Please Comment